HOW COLORED BELT STRIPES WORK
Here at our school our colored belt student’s progress is kept track of by a striping system. This system allows for instructors to keep track of what a student has learned to a standard and what they still need to learn at their rank. The system also serves as a great motivator for the students themselves. When reading “rank requirements” an explanation of each particular stripe is given.
This page is designed to assist with what students are learning in class. It is not a replacement and although it has all of our curriculum there is no substitute of learning from an instructor. Use this page when you have questions or are reviewing on your own. A few things you should know:
- Colored belt material is broken down into sections. Beginners are white though orange belts. Intermediate ranks are green through purple belts, and Advanced is brown through red. Each rank has basics material, footwork and movement, sparring combos, and self defense. These rotate in SETS within the experience level. So when looking up the material, please note what SET we are on that cycle.
- Black belt sparring combos and self defense rotates each cycle as well.
- For colored belt students some of their stripes are different for junior students and teen & adult students. For Juniors and Teens this stripe can be a Character Development stripe. the homework assignment for this stripe is emailed home throughout the cycle and available for download on this page. For adult students these stripes changes each cycle and is based on a particular subject or skill set the staff will teach throughout the cycle. This stripe for the teens & adults varies and is not always readily available below.
Patterns and Curriculum for this exam Cycle
When going to our website or looking up material, please look up the following material for this cycle:
- All Self defense Sparring combos come from Set C- Black belts Set F
- Basics and footwork material will be marked with the date
- For individual information please look up your ranking color
- Adults SAMICS focus- Will be marked with the date
Please remember we are in a transitional phase and there may not be videos for your new material.
NEED HELP LEARNING TO TIE THAT BELT? DON’T WORRY! WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Learn to tie your belt.
Testing Policies and Procedures
- Footwork and Movement requirements- May 2019 thru Sept 2019
- Teen & Adult Weapons and SAMICS requirements- May 2019 thru Sept 2019
This is for White through Orange Belts
- Beginner Rank Requirements
- Beginner Self Defense and Fighting combos SET A
- Beginner Self Defense and Fighting combos SET B
- Beginner Self Defense and Fighting combos SET C
This is for Green through Purple Belts
- Intermediate Rank requirements
- Intermediate Self Defense and Sparring Combos Set A
- Intermediate Self Defense and Sparring Combos Set B
- Intermediate Self Defense and Sparring Combos Set C
This is for Brown through Red Belts & Candidates
Black Belt Material
This is for Black Belt Ranks
- Black Belt Self Defense and Sparring combos Set A
- Black Belt Self Defense and Sparring combos Set B
- Black Belt Self Defense and Sparring combos Set C
- Black Belt Self Defense and Sparring combos Set D
- Black Belt Self Defense and Sparring combos Set E
- Black Belt Self Defense and Sparring combos Set F
- Shinai Drills
- Nunchuck Drills
- Bo Staff Drills
Individual Rank Requirements
- 1st Degree probationary
- 1st degree Decided
- 1st Degree Sr
- 1st Degree Sr Advanced
- 2nd Degree probationary
- 2nd Degree decided
- 2nd Degree Sr
- 2nd degree Sr advanced
- UNION UTA School Rules and Guidelines
- Parent/Teacher Evaluation Form
- 90 Day Fitness Challenge
- Character Development-Respect
- Character Development-Integrity
- Character Development-Perseverance
- Character Development- Determination
- Character Development-Self Control
- Character Development-Confidence
- Character Development-Character
Click the links below to see both Colored Belt videos and Black Belt videos. Please note, these videos may not be completley up to date.
You will NOT find SAMI material or requirements on our website. The SAMI material and curriculum is property of SAMI INTERNATIONAL. We highly encourage you to join the SAMI International website. We have incentive programs for you as well. Please feel free to contact our main office for details.
Here you can download all requirements and development paperwork for our Leadership team.