HOW COLORED BELT STRIPES WORK
Here at our martial arts school, our colored belt student’s progress is kept track of by a striping system. This system allows for instructors to keep track of what a student has learned in their martial arts classes to a standard and what they still need to learn at their rank. The system also serves as a great motivator for the students themselves. When reading “rank requirements,” an explanation of each particular stripe is given.
This page is designed to assist with what students are learning in their martial arts classes. It is not a replacement, and although it has all of our curriculum, there is no substitute for learning from an instructor in our martial arts classes. Use this student curriculum page when you have questions or are reviewing on your own. A few things you should know:
- Colored belt material is broken down into sections. Beginners are white though orange belts. Intermediate ranks are green through purple belts. And advanced are brown through red. Each rank has basic material, footwork and movement, sparring combos and self defense. These rotate in SETS within the experience level. So when looking up the material, please note what SET we are on that cycle.
- Black belt sparring combos and self-defense rotates each cycle as well.
- For colored belt students, some of their stripes are different for junior students and teen and adult students. For juniors, this stripe can be a character development stripe. The homework assignment for this stripe is emailed home throughout the cycle and available for download on this page. For teen/adult students, these stripes change each cycle and are based on a particular subject or skill set the staff teaches in our martial arts classes throughout the cycle. This stripe for the teens and adults varies and is not always readily available below.
NEED HELP LEARNING TO TIE THAT BELT? DON’T WORRY! WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Learn to tie your belt.
Rank Requirements and Material
Always click on your CURRENT rank, not the rank you are testing for
Colored belt Material
Black Belt Material Sets
Rank Requirements (click on your current rank)
- 1st Degree Intermediates (Probationary, Decided, and Senior)
- 1st Degree Sr Advanced (2nd degree candidate)
- 2nd Degree Intermediates (Probationary, Decided, and Senior)
- 2nd degree Sr advanced (3rd degree candidate)
- 3rd Degree Intermediates (Probationary, Decided, Senior)
- 3rd degree Sr advanced (4th degree candidate)
- 4th degree
Click the links below to see both Colored Belt videos and Black Belt videos. Please note, these videos may not be completley up to date.
You will NOT find SAMI martial arts classes material or requirements on our website. The SAMI material and curriculum is property of SAMI INternational. We highly encourage you to join the SAMI International website. We have incentive programs for you as well. Please feel free to contact our main office for details!
We try our best to stay connected to our students in a variety of ways.
Do you follow us on:
Facebook (public): Union UTA Martial Arts
Facebook (public): SAMI Combat Systems of NJ
Facebook (Private): Union UTA Martial Arts/SAMI Union
Tik Tok: @UnionUTASamiNJ
YouTube: Union UTA Martial Arts/Sami Combat systems of NJ
Please help us grow with likes, follows, and sharing.
and always tag your pics with #unionuta
Here you can download all requirements and development paperwork for our Leadership team.