Please make sure to check our PRO SHOP page for special event registration and featured products
SAMICS Axe Course
Summer Camp Week
Jr Board Breaking
August 1- Nerf Wars Skills Challenge!
August 3 to 7- Summer Camp
August 16-SAMICS Axe fighting workshop
August 17 to 21- Summer Camp
August 22- Jr Board breaking seminar
August 26-Testing Gear order forms due
Sept 2- Essays and Homework for testing due
Sept 5- Closed
Testing Dates you Need to know!
|Friday Sept 11||Saturday Sept 12th||Monday Sept 14th||Tuesday Sept 15th|
|No Classes||No Classes||
Fun and Games for kids
515-White belt Jr’s
6pm-Yellow and Orange Jr’s
Fun and Games for kids
530- Advanced Jr’s
630-Black Belt Jr’s
|430pm- Beginner Jr’s exam||9am- Colored belt Teen/Adults||7pm-8pm Teen and Adult Hardcore class||730pm-830pm Teen and Adult Hardcore class|
|545pm- Intermediate Jr’s||
All Black belts and Candidates
6pm Candidate Meeting
6pm- Leadership Team meeting
|7pm- Advanced Jr’s|
Please be VERY clear on testing times and procedures. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions as this is a very busy and hectic 2 weeks.
- All Gear orders and Board orders are due in No Later than August 26th
- CANDIDATE ESSAYS & 90-DAY FITNESS REQUIREMENT. DUE Sept 2nd – MANDATORY FOR TESTING!
- Juniors “Perseverance” homework due in no later than September 2nd
- Colored belt students with 6 stripes on their belt should show up to a demonstration time. If you are short by stripes please speak with Mr Nichols for a final decision.
- If you are testing please be in proper clothing- (Approved pants/shorts, shirt, or uniform)
- Little Dragon Students evaluations will be done in class the week of August 31st. (All Little Dragons are evaluated regardless of how long they have been here)
- Make up testing will be done by appointment only and only at the discretion of the chief instructor.
- Students that arrive LATE to testing will NOT be admitted.
- Bring everything you need for your exam. This includes weapons and boards for required ranks. If you are not prepared, you may not pass.
- If you do not meet exam requirements you will be contacted via email within 24 hours of the exam. It will then be your decision and responsibility to schedule a make-up test or wait until the next exam date.
- A Students attendance does affect their potential to test. Our check in system tracks attendance throughout a cycle. Students to have “minimum class requirements” per level in order to be eligible to test. These class requirements are based on 1 testing cycle.
Beginner Ranks-20 Classes
Intermediate Ranks-24 Classes
Advanced Ranks-26 Classes
Black Belts-28 Classes
- There will be no rank ceremony. Students will receive their new ranks in classes the week of Sept 21st. Black belts and Black belt candidates will receive ranks the day of their exam.
- Monday the 14th at 6pm is a meeting for ALL Candidates. This includes new candidates and candidates that did not test from the previous cycle. This is MANDATORY to test for your black belt.
- Please plan on testing being a drop off event. As we get closer to the event we will have a better idea on if this can change or not. Anyone testing for yellow belt, black belt, 2nd degree black belt, or 3rd degree black belt may have 2 family members present.
Remember that it’s ok NOT to test! Every student’s progress happens in their own time. Just because we have an exam scheduled does not mean you have to be ready. Preparation for an exam should begin months in advance, not a few weeks before an exam. It is the student’s responsibility to be prepared and know what is on their exam. All curriculum requirements are on our website.
***A note about testing- With the last few months being as they have, with respect, many students have regressed need additional time to develop the skills needed to get back to where they were. Currently based on class participation and improvements needed, we expect this to be a small exam. The average student should be focusing on our next exam cycle.
Curriculum for this exam Cycle
When going to our website or looking up material, please look up the following material for this cycle:
All Sparring combos come from:
- Colored belt set C and Black belt Set C
- Basics and footwork material will be marked with the date
- For individual information please look up your ranking color
- Adults SAMICS focus- Will be marked with the date
Our Union UTA Mobile App is now available for download in the Google Play store and the Apple APP store!
Stay up to date on all events and notifications, as well as have direct access to our curriculum and social media! Please say yes to Notifications so we get get info to you instantly. Leadership team, please join the Instructor notification group in settings.