Please make sure to check our PRO SHOP page for special event registration and featured products
Fun and Games day
Hardcore 730pm to 9
12 to 230
The Letters after the dates denote what we are covering in classes.
- D-Self Defense (black belt weapons forms) S-Sparring O-Other (weapons, breaking) P-Panatukan (SAMICS) K-Knife (SAMICS)
Dec 31- Closed
Jan 1- Closed
Jan 4th– Teen/Adult Hardcore class 730am
Jan 8th– All Jr. Student Homework and Candidate paperwork is due in for testing
Jan 13th through Jan 26th–
Testing Weeks. All information posted on website, info board, and in emails
Feb 1st– Teen/Adult Hardcore class 730am
SAMICS Seminar 12pm to 230pm
Testing Weeks- January 13th to 26th
|Monday Jan 13th||Tuesday Jan 14th||Wednesday Jan 15th||Thursday Jan 16th||Friday Jan 17th||Saturday Jan 18th||Sunday Jan 19th|
|Regular class Schedule for Students NOT Testing, Black Belt candidates, and Black belts||Regular class Schedule for Students NOT Testing, Black Belt candidates, and Black belts||Regular class Schedule for Students NOT Testing, Black Belt candidates, and Black belts||
Black belt testing
|Students testing later this week should NOT attend||Students testing later this week should NOT attend||Students testing later this week should NOT attend||
Advanced Juniors/1st Degree Black belt Juniors
All teen & Adults
|Any 2nd & 3rddegree intermediates should attend THIS EXAM|
|Little Dragon Exams will be during regular class.||Little Dragon Exams will be during regular class.||Little Dragon Exams will be during regular class.|
|Monday Jan 20th||Tuesday Jan 21st||Wednesday Jan 22nd||Thursday Jan 23rd||Friday Jan 24th||Saturday Jan 25th||Sunday Jan 26th|
All classes cancelled
Beginner Jr & Intermediate Jr Rank Ceremony
|Regular class||Regular Class||Jr Classes Fun and Games||Regular Class||Regular Class||Closed|
|The Demo Team will perform at the End of the Rank Ceremony||630pm Candidate meeting for all candidates|
Advanced Jr, Teen & adults, and ALL Black belt rank ceremony
730pm to 9pm
Teen and adult Hardcore
Please be VERY clear on testing times and procedures. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions as this is a very busy and hectic 2 weeks.
- All Gear orders and Board orders are due in No Later than December 18th.
- CANDIDATE ESSAYS & 90-DAY FITNESS REQUIREMENT. DUE January 8th – MANDATORY FOR TESTING!
- Juniors “Determination” homework due in no later than September 11th
- Colored belt students with 6 stripes on their belt should show up to a demonstration time. If you are short by stripes please speak with Mr Nichols for a final decision.
- If you are testing please be in full & proper uniform- (Jr Uniform tops and pants)
- Classes January 13,14, & 15 are for students NOT testing, Black Belt candidates, and Black belts.
- Little Dragon Students should attend 1 time during the week of January 13th. Evaluations will be done in class. (All Little Dragons are evaluated regardless of how long they have been here)
- ALL 2nd & 3rd Degree Black belt intermediates must test Sunday at the Black belt exam.
- Make up testing will be done the week of January 20th. If you cannot attend your exam time and are eligible to test, please contact Mr Nichols to make arrangements. This MUST be done in advance.
- Students that arrive LATE to testing or rank ceremony will NOT be admitted.
- Bring everything you need for your exam. This includes weapons and boards for required ranks. If you are not prepared, you may not pass.
- If you do not meet exam requirements you will be contacted via email within 24 hours of the exam. It will then be your decision and responsibility to schedule a make-up test or wait until the next exam date.
- A Students attendance does affect their potential to test. Our check in system tracks attendance throughout a cycle. Students to have “minimum class requirements” per level in order to be eligible to test. These class requirements are based on 1 testing cycle.
Beginner Ranks-20 Classes
Intermediate Ranks-24 Classes
Advanced Ranks-26 Classes
Black Belts-28 Classes
- Rank ceremony is Monday January 20th. Please wear regular clothing. The UNION UTA Demo Team will perform after the 1st rank ceremony! If you cannot attend rank ceremony you will receive your new rank in your next class. If you arrive late to rank ceremony you WILL NOT be permitted to enter.
- Thursday the 23rd at 630pm is a meeting for ALL Candidates. This includes new candidates and candidates that did not test from the previous cycle. This is MANDATORY to test for your black belt.
Remember that it’s ok NOT to test! Every student’s progress happens in their own time. Just because we have an exam scheduled does not mean you have to be ready. Preparation for an exam should begin months in advance, not a few weeks before an exam. It is the student’s responsibility to be prepared and know what is on their exam. All curriculum requirements are on our website.
2010 TENTATIVE SAMI Union, NJ Scheduled Events
Here is our TENTATIVE SCHEDULE of events!
February 1st- SAMICS Workshop Knife and Panantukaan Exam prep for March Intensive courses.
February 22 & 23- SAMICS workshops at FITDEFENSE in Costa Mesa, California
Panatukan, Knife Concept, and Axe and Knife
March 19 through 22- SAMICS Sr instructor Robert Exl teaches 2 Intensive courses. Knife and Panantukan
April 4th-SAMICS Workshop at SAMI UNION
June 27th-SAMICS Workshop at SAMI UNION
August 6 through 9- SAMICS founder Peter Weckauf returns with SAMICS Core and SAMICS Panantukan concept
September 26th-SAMICS Workshop at SAMI UNION
Oct 10 & 11- SAMICS Instrcutor Paul Bennett teaches and Intensive Axe fighting concept course
November 14th-SAMICS Workshop at SAMI UNION
All courses are tentative and subject to change. Students seeking examinations should be prepared with all material before attending courses and must have an active SAMI-INTERNATIONAL.COM membership. Students seeking additional exams or courses pleas contact for availability.
Curriculum for this exam Cycle
When going to our website or looking up material, please look up the following material for this cycle:
All Self defense Sparring combos come from:
- Colored belt set B and Black belt Set B
- Basics and footwork material will be marked with the date
- For individual information please look up your ranking color
- Adults SAMICS focus- Will be marked with the date
- Structured Random- Round motion, bear hugs
Our Union UTA Mobile App is now available for download in the Google Play store and the Apple APP store!
Stay up to date on all events and notifications, as well as have direct access to our curriculum and social media! Please say yes to Notifications so we get get info to you instantly. Leadership team, please join the Instructor notification group in settings.