Please make sure to check our PRO SHOP page for special event registration and featured products
Holiday Fun and Games
Ugly Sweater Day
Dec 16- Holiday Sale in our Proshop
Dec 18- Gear Orders/Board orders are due for testing
Dec 23- Holiday Fun and Games day/Ugly Sweater Day
CLOSED- Dec 26,25,26,31 and January 1 & 2
|Wed January 13th||Thurs January 14th||Fri Jan 15th||Sat January 16th|
|No classes||No classes||No classes||No classes|
5-615pm- Beginner Jr
Age 5-7 EXAM
5-615pm- Beginner Jr
Age 8-11 EXAM
|630pm- Intermediate Jr EXAM||630pm- Advanced Jr EXAM||
Colored belt EXAM
1030am- All candidates
and Black belts EXAM
- All Gear orders and Board orders are due in No Later than Dec 18th. They have been emailed home and are for the ranks listed in the email and on the website.
- CANDIDATE ESSAYS & 90-DAY FITNESS REQUIREMENT. DUE Jan 6th – MANDATORY FOR TESTING!
- Juniors “Self Control” homework due in no later than September 2nd
- Colored belt students with 6 stripes on their belt should show up to a demonstration time. If you are short by stripes please speak with Mr Nichols for a final decision.
- If you are testing please be in proper clothing- (Approved pants/shorts, shirt, or uniform)
- Little Dragon Students evaluations will be done in class the week of January 4th. (All Little Dragons are evaluated regardless of how long they have been here)
- Make up testing will be done by appointment only and only at the discretion of the chief instructor.
- Students that arrive LATE to testing will NOT be admitted.
- Bring everything you need for your exam. This includes weapons and boards for required ranks. If you are not prepared, you may not pass.
- If you do not meet exam requirements you will be contacted via email within 24 hours of the exam. It will then be your decision and responsibility to schedule a make-up test or wait until the next exam date.
- A Students attendance does affect their potential to test. Our check in system tracks attendance throughout a cycle. Students to have “minimum class requirements” per level in order to be eligible to test. These class requirements are based on 1 testing cycle.
Beginner Ranks-20 Classes/Intermediate Ranks-24 Classes/Advanced Ranks-26 Classes/Black Belts-28 Classes
- There will be no rank ceremony. Students will receive their new ranks in classes starting January 20th. Black belts and Black belt candidates will receive ranks the day of their exam.
- Tuesday the 19th at 6pm is a meeting for ALL Candidates. This includes new candidates and candidates that did not test from the previous cycle. This is MANDATORY to test for your black belt.
- Please plan on testing being a drop off event. As we get closer to the event we will have a better idea on if this can change or not. Anyone testing for yellow belt, black belt, 2nd degree black belt, or 3rd degree black belt may have 2 family members present.
- In the event we are closed for Snow colored belt exams will be made up the following week in class. The black belt exams will be reschedule to Jan 24th.
- We will have the ZOOM camera on for the Jr Colored belt exams so families may watch
Remember that it’s ok NOT to test! Every student’s progress happens in their own time. Just because we have an exam scheduled does not mean you have to be ready. Preparation for an exam should begin months in advance, not a few weeks before an exam. It is the student’s responsibility to be prepared and know what is on their exam. All curriculum requirements are on our website.
Curriculum for this exam Cycle
When going to our website or looking up material, please look up the following material for this cycle:
All Sparring combos come from:
- Colored belt set A and Black belt Set D
- Basics and footwork material will be marked with the date
- For individual information please look up your ranking color
- Adults SAMICS focus- Will be marked with the date
Our Union UTA Mobile App is now available for download in the Google Play store and the Apple APP store!
Stay up to date on all events and notifications, as well as have direct access to our curriculum and social media! Please say yes to Notifications so we get get info to you instantly. Leadership team, please join the Instructor notification group in settings.